Konna

Konna
Black Russian Terrier

Friday, October 30, 2015

Visited Red Square Black Russian Terriers

Dad had contacted Ronnie Greenman, owner of Red Square Black Russian Terriers, in Monticello, Fl. to arrange a visit so Ronnie could judge my conformation and educate Mom & Dad about BRT.  His wife also breeds Rotties, and operates Misty Lake Pet Boarding Resort.




We had a nice drive over to Monticello, Mom & Dad enjoyed lunch at Brick House Eatery.  After lunch Dad called Ronnie and found he had gone to Tallahassee and would be back in an hour and a half.  Mom suggested that we go to Thompson Farm Smokehouse, just north in Dixie, Ga.  They used to visit the Farmer's Market, but stopped because of the long drive.  They make Dad's favorite Hot Smoked Sausage.  Dad bought six packages of sausage, Mom picked up some bacon and ham, hopefully I will get some samples.

When we got back Ronnie was home and we had a great visit, he was impressed with my confirmation and demeanor.  He agrees with the estimated age of 1-1/2 and like my weight, he estimates that at full growth (4 years) that I will be 80 lbs.  I am on the small side of the breed standard but perfectly within the standard.  He stated that he would have been happy to use me as a stud, if I had my full AKC papers. 

The drive home was uneventful, just grooving with my head out the window. 



No comments:

Post a Comment